Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sign my guest map!

Saturday, June 2, 2007

The first day of the rest of our lives

The first thing my kiddo said to me this morning was, "Wake up, Teacher-Mommy! We are in first grade now!"

He is SOOOO excited! Excited to be in first grade, excited to be learning at home, excited to have Ted and me as his teachers.

So this is the first day of our lives as a homeschooling family. To celebrate, I am going to make fresh waffles and strawberries for breakfast. We are not starting classes until July, when we will be all done with vacations and summer camps and so on.

If kiddo really wants to do something academic later in the day, we can start on his Art practicum for the summer, decorating his loft like a tree house. It will probably take a whole bunch of time, and I figured out it would be a slick way to incorporate more art/life skills into our curriculum. Or to look at it another way, it is a way to get credit for a big pain-in-the-ass project that we wanted to do anyway.

It is a beautiful day today. Maybe we will go for a nature hike later on.

Wow. I've been waiting for a year to get my kid back, and the day is finally here. I am pretty much speechless. Just, wow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's really what it feels like doesn't it? Getting your kid back. Like they've been lost for awhile and they are finally yours to guide again. The way it should be...until they're ready to fly on their own.

mommamia