Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sign my guest map!

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Book list for grade Levels 1-3 with book levels.

King School's Accelerated Reader Quiz List - Reading Practice

I found this on line while looking for information about my local library. I think in may be helpful because it lists books according to the reading level.

If you don't know, the reading level is a number that corresponds to the grade and month of the school year that a child should be able to read a book of such-and-such complexity. For example, if the Reading Level is 2.3, he should be able to read this book in his 3rd month of second grade. They get this number by a mathematical formula that considers the variety and difficulty of the words used, the average sentence length, and so on.

The Reading Level as such will be pretty useless to home schoolers, I guess, but it is nice to have a list of kids' books ranked in order of complexity. I will be referring to this frequently as we advance out of "Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons."

No comments: