Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sign my guest map!

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Things I will not miss

Only 2 more weeks of school. Then I will bring my little boy home for a good long while. Maybe even for good.

I have been walking around my house singing the tune "One More Day" from Les Miserables. I realize that, in the play, the song is the harbinger of personal disaster and failed revolution, but the spirit of it matches my feelings right now. Part of the song is about hope and courage and conviction on the eve of a rebellion that the young students hope will become a revolution.

One day to a new beginning. . . .
Raise the flag of freedom high! . . .
Every man will be a king . . . .
There's a new world for the winning . . . .
There's a new world to be won!

Tomorrow we'll discover
What our God in Heaven has in store!
One more dawn
One more day
One day more!


Here are some things I absolutely will not miss:

  • Getting up at 6 am so my son can be in a classroom by 8:30.
  • Getting up at 6 am no matter how late I worked last night or how horrible I feel. (I am certain this is going to put me in an early grave.)
  • Breaking my neck to have my kid dressed before the bus comes. I don't even know the bus driver. Why am I letting her run my life?
  • Starting into the cabinet in the morning trying to figure out what the hell I can pack into a lunch.
  • Hearing my little boy telling the cats "You are a stinky booty-butt. Kiss my butt" and other gems he learned at school.
  • Seeing my kid for 20 minutes in the morning, and then not seeing him until the next morning because I have a long work night.
  • Having my son's teacher send home weekly reports that my son is fidgeting and daydreaming, not learning, when she and I have just heard from a team of experts that he apparently learns BEST when he is fidgeting and daydreaming.
Bring on the revolution!

1 comment:

Holly said...

hjdong from Denim Jumper waving! Love the comment about the bus driver!