Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sign my guest map!

Friday, May 4, 2007

Morning conversations

Ted was home today and got Kiddo ready for school. I had meant to sleep in, but I just wasn't sleepy. Here are some of the converstions in our house today:

Kiddo: I want to buy a big boat.
Ted: Put your shirt on
Kiddo: a big, big boat!
Ted: Put your shirt on.
Kiddo: A big boat with a water slide on it.
Ted: I don't think they make those.
Kiddo: Yes they do! Mommy and I saw one.
Ted: Oh.
Kiddo: YOU weren't there.
Ted: That must be a really expensive boat.
Kiddo: What makes a boat float?
Ted: Ummm. . . I think it displaces . . . . no, that's not right. It . . . it . . . Hey, Hon! What makes a boat float?
Me: Ummmm . . .Because it's lighter . . . no that's not exactly right . . .I think the shape of it . . . No, it's something about the surface tension of the water.
Ted: Did you hear that, Kiddo? The surface tension of the water.
Kiddo: (Losing interest) Oh . . . .

As soon as he was on the bus it came to me--Buoyancy! Now to find a way to explain that one!

Ted: We watched "Are You Smarter than a Fifth Grader?" last night.
Me: And are you?
Ted: I'm not sure. I got all the first grade questions wrong, but I got the 5th grade ones right.

Ted: Too bad Kiddo isn't older. I heard they are auditioning the next group of fifth graders.
Me: If they still have it when he is old enough, he can try out. He'll knock 'em dead.
(pause)
Me: Let's start our own show, "Are You Smarter than a Home Schooler?"

I love the mornings when we are all together.

No comments: